Postgresql DBA

From: Marie Hann <mhann(at)icsolutions(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Postgresql DBA
Date: 2009-07-17 18:54:24
Lists: pgsql-jobs
I would like to forward our 3-6 month contract position for a Postgresql DBA to your readers.

IC Solutions, located in South San Jose, CA is currently looking for a Postgresql Database Administrator to support our quickly growing infrastructure of RedHat based telephony systems. This position requires a detail-focused team member with UNIX/Linux server database administration experience who will thrive in a 24x7 fast-paced, dynamic production environment. This is a 3-6 month contract position.  If interested please send your resume to hrstaffing(at)icsolutions(dot)com

KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:

 *   Managing a large number of databases, mostly remotely
 *   Helping to develop automated maintenance scripts e.g. backup, warm standby etc.
 *   Managing database schemas.
 *   Assisting with the deployments of databases, updates.
 *   Ensuring that automated processes are running as expected, validating data integrity
 *   Recovery of corrupt databases

JOB REQUIREMENTS:

 *   BS in Computer Science or equivalent
 *   Fluency in written and spoken English
 *   3+ years of experience managing databases in a linux/unix environment

 *   Experience in all aspects of administering Postgresql database servers

 *   Strong attention to detail and troubleshooting skills

PREFERRED:

 *   Experience ensuring 24x7 uptime for UNIX/Linux servers

 *   Experience writing shell and Python scripts
 *   Experience as a systems administrator

pgsql-jobs by date

Next:From: Neel PhadnisDate: 2009-07-20 03:32:17