Re: create a text file from postgres (like Oracle UTL_FILE package)

From: Thomas F(dot)O'Connell <tfo(at)sitening(dot)com>
To: Leo Martin Orfei <orfeileo(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: PgSql General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: create a text file from postgres (like Oracle UTL_FILE package)
Date: 2004-11-05 18:24:23
Lists: pgsql-general

At this point, I'm not sure I'm understanding your question. I'll try
restating my solution again:

I would have, for example, a Perl script that used the DBI module to
extract information from a given database and then let Perl handle any
relevant text/data manipulation and file creation/manipulation.

DBI should allow the execution of arbitrary SQL against any supported
database, and postgres is supported.

Also, I'd recommend continuing to post and not merely emailing me
directly to keep more eyes on your problem.

-tfo

--
Thomas F. O'Connell
Co-Founder, Information Architect