Re: pgHoster.com woes and looking for a new host

From: Jeff <threshar(at)torgo(dot)978(dot)org>
To: Lynna Landstreet <lynna(at)gallery44(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgHoster.com woes and looking for a new host
Date: 2004-06-24 12:27:54
Lists: pgsql-general

On Jun 23, 2004, at 2:50 PM, Lynna Landstreet wrote:
> Obviously we need a new host, but at this point, given our past
> experiences,
> I'm a little gunshy. Does anyone know of a host that supports
> PostgreSQL
> *and* is actually stable, reliable, and has good, or at least
> existent, tech
> support? And is affordable enough for a non-profit art gallery with a
> relatively small site and smaller budget to handle?

Check out 1and1.com - while they don't explicitly support PG you can
get yourself a "root server I" and run PG on it.. For only $40/mo!
(Granted the box you get isn't terribly beefy, but it works). I use
these guys for a couple sites I run and I have yet to have a problem.

I know there are some people hanging out on the list that run companies
that provide PG hosting.

--
Jeff Trout <jeff(at)jefftrout(dot)com>
http://www.jefftrout.com/