License for PostgreSQL for commercial purpose

From: "Eric Yum" <eric(dot)yum(at)ck-lifesciences(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: License for PostgreSQL for commercial purpose
Date: 2004-03-25 06:29:33
Lists: pgsql-admin
Dear Sir
I am a developer of one commercial organization. We are going to develop
some applications with PostgreSQL 7.3.3. I learn from some websites that
it cost no charge for developing software with PostgreSQL in commercial
environment. However, I saw the PostgreSQL is under two type of
licenses, namely, X11-style license
<>  and BSD license for the
following websites,
Please kindly provide professional comment on this issue and suggest
whether the use of PostgreSQL for commercial purpose is no license
charge or not
Thanks & Best Regards,
Eric Yum
CK Life Sciences Ltd.
Finance & Administration - IT Team
Tel: 21261351

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Naomi WalkerDate: 2004-03-25 16:29:26