License for PostgreSQL for commercial purpose

From: "Eric Yum" <eric(dot)yum(at)ck-lifesciences(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: License for PostgreSQL for commercial purpose
Date: 2004-03-25 06:29:33
Lists: pgsql-admin
Dear Sir

I am a developer of one commercial organization. We are going to develop
some applications with PostgreSQL 7.3.3. I learn from some websites that
it cost no charge for developing software with PostgreSQL in commercial
environment. However, I saw the PostgreSQL is under two type of
licenses, namely, X11-style license
<http://www.fsf.org/licenses/info/X11.html>  and BSD license for the
following websites,
http://www.postgresql.org/licence.html
http://www.gnu.org/directory/database/servers/postgresql.html

Please kindly provide professional comment on this issue and suggest
whether the use of PostgreSQL for commercial purpose is no license
charge or not

Thanks & Best Regards,
Eric Yum
CK Life Sciences Ltd.
Finance & Administration - IT Team
Tel: 21261351

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Naomi WalkerDate: 2004-03-25 16:29:26