Re: User group liaison

From: Dan Langille <dan(at)langille(dot)org>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: User group liaison
Date: 2008-01-17 16:30:58
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Jan 17, 2008, at 10:30 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> I can't comment on Selena at all, since I've almost never seen her
> post anything
> until very recently on any of the global lists. Could be just me
> missing
> things of course (I can't claim to fully read all the mails coming
> through
> on the lists, though I try as much as I can to at least browse the
> threads), but I did also poll a couple of others on IM. Again, nothing
> against Selena at all, but shouldn't a community liaison be someone
> who's
> been active in the community for a while?

Community > lists

Selena, AFAIK, has been involved with PostgreSQL since at least OSCON
2007.

It's not how much someone talks that counts. It's what they do.
Selena is
qualified to do this, on whatever scale someone wishes to measure.

And, more to the point, SHE wants to do it. That speaks volumes.

+1

--
Dan Langille -- http://www.langille.org/
dan(at)langille(dot)org