Re: Big array speed issues

From: "Merkel Marcel (CR/AEM4)" <Marcel(dot)Merkel(at)de(dot)bosch(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Big array speed issues
Date: 2006-06-21 07:29:03
Lists: pgsql-performance

Von: Merlin Moncure [mailto:mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com]
An: Merkel Marcel (CR/AEM4)
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Betreff: Re: [PERFORM] Big array speed issues

On 6/20/06, Merkel Marcel (CR/AEM4) <Marcel(dot)Merkel(at)de(dot)bosch(dot)com> wrote:

> I use libpqxx to access the database. This might be another
bottleneck, but
> I assume my query and table setup is the bigger bottleneck. Would it
make
> sense to fetch the whole array ? (Select map from table where ... and
parse
> the array manually)

have you tried similar approach without using arrays?

Merlin

Not yet. I would first like to know what is the time consuming part and
what is a work around. If you are sure individual columns for every
entry of the array solve the issue I will joyfully implement it. The
downsize of this approch is that the array dimensions are not always the
same in my scenario. But I have a workaround in mind for this issue.

Cheers

Marcel