Sliding windows on LIBPQ

From: "Abraham, Danny" <danny_abraham(at)bmc(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Sliding windows on LIBPQ
Date: 2007-11-28 14:43:00
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Is there a way to break the PGresult array to chuncks  Like Oracle?
I mean, without changing the text of given queries, can we  somehow
limit the memory consumption of a client that is using LIBPQ?

 The API is ...

 extern PGresult *PQexec(PGconn *conn, const char *query);

 Is there any "SLiding Window" layer that breaks the PGresult into
chuncks?

 Big queries take a lot more memory on the client side compared to other
DB  clients.

 Thanks

 Danny

Danny Abraham
BMC Software
CTM&D Business Unit
972-52-4286-513
danny_abraham(at)bmc(dot)com

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: andrew klassenDate: 2007-11-28 22:40:06