Re: Upgrade from 7.4.5 to 8.3.3

From: "Harvey, Allan AC" <HarveyA(at)OneSteel(dot)com>
To: <Zdenek(dot)Kotala(at)Sun(dot)COM>
Cc: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Upgrade from 7.4.5 to 8.3.3
Date: 2008-10-26 22:16:50
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Zdenek,

> Hmm, It does not look good. Your OS does not return proper
> information about
> codeset. Following code is broken:
>
> 	setlocale(LC_CTYPE, ctype);
> 	sys = nl_langinfo(CODESET);
> 	sys = strdup(sys);
>
> See
> http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/functions/nl_lan
ginfo.html

>It seems you need to fix OS first. After that we can add CODESET mapping to
>PostgreSQL.

>		Zdenek

I don't think this is possible.

Can you give me an indication what problems I should look out for?
Regression testing only showed some date format issues if I remeber correctly.

Allan

Harvey, Allan AC napsal(a):
> Zdenek
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
>> I guess we don't have locale mapping for SCO OpenServer5.7. See
>> http://doxygen.postgresql.org/chklocale_8c-source.html
>
> Browser Timed out. (?)
>
>> Could you run following code:
>> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2007-09/msg01168.php
>>
>> and send output.
>>
>> 	Zdenek
>
> Output as requested:
>
> bash-2.05$ for LOCALE in `locale -a`; do locale_test $LOCALE; done
> C_C.C                   ...            - NO MATCH
> cs_CZ.ISO8859-2         ...            - NO MATCH
> english_uk.ISO8859-15   ...            - NO MATCH
> english_uk.8859         ...            - NO MATCH

<snip>

--
Zdenek Kotala              Sun Microsystems
Prague, Czech Republic     http://sun.com/postgresql

The material contained in this email may be confidential, privileged or copyrighted. If you are not the intended recipient, use, disclosure or copying of this information is prohibited. If you have received this document in error, please advise the sender and delete the document. Neither OneSteel nor the sender accept responsibility for any viruses contained in this email or any attachments.