Upgrade from 7.4.5 to 8.3.3

From: "Harvey, Allan AC" <HarveyA(at)OneSteel(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Upgrade from 7.4.5 to 8.3.3
Date: 2008-10-21 02:31:12
Lists: pgsql-bugs
During an upgrade from 7.4.5 to 8.3.3 the following was dumped during the restore process from psql.

psql:roperydb_v7.4_20081021.dmp:49: WARNING:  could not determine encoding for locale "C_C.C": codeset is ""
DETAIL:  Please report this to <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>.

So I am reporting it.

Back ground.
I am using 8.3.3 because it is the latest I have for SCO OpenServer5.7

I used "pg_dumpall -o" from the 8.3.3 release.

During the "initdb" process similar errors were dumped and a suggestion of passng a locale with the -E option was used.
Explicitly I used:

 /usr/local/pgsql/bin/initdb -E SQL_ASCII -D /usr/local/pgsql/data

which allowed the process to complete.

The warning above was then dumped during the restore process.

The cluster seems to working OK.

Should I be concerned?

Thanks for your time.

Allan

The material contained in this email may be confidential, privileged or copyrighted. If you are not the intended recipient, use, disclosure or copying of this information is prohibited. If you have received this document in error, please advise the sender and delete the document. Neither OneSteel nor the sender accept responsibility for any viruses contained in this email or any attachments.

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: Marcel PetavyDate: 2008-10-21 11:58:40