SQL problem..

From: "Bauhaus" <niemandhier(at)pandora(dot)be>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: SQL problem..
Date: 2007-06-28 18:42:48
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I'm an Access/SQL novice and I have an sql problem:

I have the following table Price:

FuelID PriceDate Price
LPG 1/05/2007 0,2
LPG 13/05/2007 0,21
SPS 2/05/2007 1,1
SPS 15/05/2007 1,08

And I have to make the following query:

FuelID PriceDate_from PriceDate_To Price
LPG 1/05/2007 13/05/2007 0,2
SPS 2/05/2007 15/05/2007 1,1
LPG 13/05/2007 0,21
SPS 15/05/2007 1,08

I tried this:

SELECT FuelID, min(FuelDate) AS Pricedate_from, max(FuelDate) AS
PriceDate_to FROM Price GROUP BY FuelID;

Problem is, when I put Price in the select, I get the error 'Price not part
of an aggregate function' :s
Eitherway, it doesnt work, I only have one FuelDate_from and one FuelDate_to
if I use min & max. While there should be several from...to... dates for a
particular fuel.

How can I solve this ?