Re: Upgrade 7.4.1 to 7.4.3 not working

From: Mark Lubratt <mark(dot)lubratt(at)indeq(dot)com>
To: mike(at)thegodshalls(dot)com, pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Upgrade 7.4.1 to 7.4.3 not working
Date: 2004-07-03 01:18:36
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
On Jun 30, 2004, at 10:44 PM, mike g wrote:

> Can you read cygserver.log?

Yes.

> Did the cygserver service start successfully anyway?  That normally
> runs
> under a local system account rather than the account you installed it
> under.  If it is not running the postmaster will not start.

Yes, it started.

> Files can have different permissions than the directories themselves.
> Did you check those?  By chance did you install cygserver under a
> different user account then the one you are trying to run the configure
> script in?

The cygserver.log permissions are 644 and the owner/group is
SYSTEM/root.  The directory permissions are 777 and the owner
permission is postgres/Users.

I installed everything using the same account.

> Did you also upgrade the cygwin dll from 1.5.9 to 1.5.10 / install
> using
> the latest setup.exe from www.cygwin.com and not a previous setup.exe
> from the 7.4.1 install?

I did an upgrade, then I tried a fresh install.  Neither worked.

Regards,
Mark