Convertion of date/time binary format to text format

From: "Mavinakuli, Prasanna (STSD)" <prasanna(dot)b-m(at)hp(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Convertion of date/time binary format to text format
Date: 2005-12-23 06:55:10
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi,

I am getting data in binary mode..(schema contains bytea so we need to
get result in binary format)

But we have timestamp in schema.this would be also in
Binary format.

So how can I get the ASCII format/Text format from that binary format.

Please get me the steps to convert timestamp column which is of
****binary mode to TEXT/ASCII mode****..

Thanking You,
Prasanna.