Re: Next development steps?

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Anoop Kumar" <anoopk(at)pervasive-postgres(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Sivakumar K" <sivakumark(at)aztec(dot)soft(dot)net>, "Ludek Finstrle" <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>
Subject: Re: Next development steps?
Date: 2005-12-15 09:02:35
Lists: pgsql-odbc

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Anoop Kumar [mailto:anoopk(at)pervasive-postgres(dot)com]
> Sent: 15 December 2005 05:29
> To: Dave Page
> Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org; Sivakumar K; Ludek Finstrle
> Subject: RE: [ODBC] Next development steps?
>
> Hi Dave,
>
> We have not moved from Pervasive :-)

:-). Just wondered as Siva's email address is different from what I
remember.

> I was watching the activities going on in the list (Could not get into
> much because was very busy) and Ludek indeed deserves an applause for
> his active presence in the list.

Absolutely - he seems to have been working tirelessly, and has certainly
jumped straight into some quite complex bugs.

> In my opinion, we should look for the possibility of reworking the
> CC_mapping function (which maps PGresult class to QResultClass) to
> increase the performance. As Ludek pointed out, we must identify the
> code to be cleaned up in different parts of the driver.

Yes, I'd was thinking about this whilst driving home last night. It
seems to me that we should be able to make the PGresult a member of the
QResultClass, and then just modify the accessors appropriately. Of
course, it's not quite that simple, but I think it's doable.

> Dave, can you add Siva also to the developer list? I think he deserves
> it because of his great contributions to the development of the libpq
> version of psqlodbc, and the further enhancements.

Certainly - what's his pgfoundry username?

Regards, Dave.