Re: Next development steps?

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Ludek Finstrle" <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>,<pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Next development steps?
Date: 2005-12-14 16:41:57
Lists: pgsql-odbc

What features do you have in mind?

> 2) create better transaction support (see Marco Ristola post)
>    - http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-odbc/2005-03/msg00128.php
>    - http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-odbc/2005-03/msg00116.php

OK.

> 3) improve libpq support to use PQprepare, bind parameters

Yes. Actually I wonder why we don't get rid of the server side prepare
option and always do that (using PQprepare).

> 4) full support for only_forward read-only cursor

OK.

> 5) create small steps in support dropped things
> and so on ...
>
> Can we create a new development branch at least?

I'm more inclined to create a stable branch and develop in tip.

Can I also assume you expect to be around for a good while to work on
this ambitious plan? ODBC developers are few and far between, so
starting a major project can be quite a commitment for all of us.

Regards, Dave.

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Dave PageDate: 2005-12-14 16:50:27