Re: Wich release version is suitable?

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Andreas" <maps(dot)on(at)gmx(dot)net>, "Kathy Lo" <kathy(dot)lo(dot)ky(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Wich release version is suitable?
Date: 2005-12-10 18:15:32
Lists: pgsql-odbc

That's about right :-) The first two pairs of digits (currently 08.01)
track the current PostgreSQL version in a bid guide people as to what
was current and when. It's in pairs as that's what the ODBC spec
requires.

The last four digits are the build number. Starting with the *next*
release, anything ending in 00 is a release version, anything else is a
snapshot.

> >I am using Postgresql 8.0.3, which release version of psqlodbc driver
> >source code for Linux should I use to access the Postgresql?
> >

> The newest of course.
> The latest "official release" is 8.01.01.01 which has still
> some issues
> that are allready patched in recent snapshots.

08.01.0102 is the latest - guess you missed that email :-)

> Thanks to Ludek and Dave there is currently a lot of work going on so
> you might say the driver improves every day.

Yeah - we're releasing development snapshots on the pgFoundry site if
you do get hit by any issues you might want to try one of those. It's
not advised unless there is a fix for a specific bug you are
experiencing though.

Regards, Dave.