Re: SQLColAttributes and SQL_DESC_NULLABLE

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Ludek Finstrle" <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>, Robert Jireš <robert(dot)jires(at)centrum(dot)cz>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SQLColAttributes and SQL_DESC_NULLABLE
Date: 2005-12-08 09:30:19
Lists: pgsql-odbc

No regressions I can find - patch applied, thanks!

*However*, whilst testing I did find an issue with SQLTables that seems surprisingly similar to the one you fixed before. It's pretty easy to recreate in the Microsoft test suite.

- Connect to a data source with Declare/Fetch enabled.
- SQLExecDirect "SELECT * FROM pg_class"
- Get Data All (from the results menu)
- SQLTables
- Get Data All

It never stops retrieving data! Seems that you need to do the SQLExecDirect first - SQLExecute doesn't trigger the problem. SQLColumns is similarly affected - perhaps there are more as well.

Wanna take a look, or shall I log a bug until one of us gets time?

Regards, Dave.