Re: Connection error with sslmode (PgSQL 7.3)

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Ludek Finstrle" <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Connection error with sslmode (PgSQL 7.3)
Date: 2005-12-04 22:39:21
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Unless I'm misremebering, this should not be an problem as sslmode is a
libpq thing, so as long as you are using an new enough libpq, everything
should be fine (this is how it works in pgAdmin - we have only the newer
options, yet fully support 7.3+).

This sounds like another reason not to support older libpq's -
especially as the Windows dialogues will suddenly gain options for both
types of ssl options potentially leaving many users confused about which
to use.

> There is a question what about Protocol data source option? Isn't
> it obsolete?

Yes, absolutely. Just haven't got around to removing it yet. There's a
beginners project if ever I saw one - just needs a note in the relevant
places to remind future programmers not to result the old short connect
string option code.

Along similar lines - is manual_result always true with the libpq
driver? If so, there's probably a bunch more code that can go.

Regards, Dave.