Re: Snapshot 08.01.0006 available for testing

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Josef Springer" <Josef(dot)Springer(at)JOOPS(dot)COM>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Snapshot 08.01.0006 available for testing
Date: 2005-11-10 09:41:25
Lists: pgsql-odbc

________________________________

	From: Josef Springer [mailto:Josef(dot)Springer(at)JOOPS(dot)COM]
	Sent: 10 November 2005 09:13
	To: Dave Page
	Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
	Subject: Re: [ODBC] Snapshot 08.01.0006 available for testing

	Hi Dave,

	my general situation is:
	We developed and distribute a standard BPM-System. The
documentation for the user describes how to load and install PostgreSQL.
We must make the steps to use PostgreSQL easy as much as possible ! To
write "load PostgreSQL 8.0.1 and ODBC driver 7...." seems to fussy for
me. How are the plans of the community ? Will a version be distributed
with a working ODBC driver for UNICODE ?

	p.s. The standard distribution 8.0.1 works on Windows-XP
platforms without fine. The encoding problems arise on w2k platforms
only !

As far as I'm aware you are the only person seeing such a problem with
the driver - ever since we went back to having two seperate drivers, all
the encoding related complaints vanished overnight.

Perhaps you could expand on the details of your environment a little.
What encoding is used on your clients? What about the server?

Regards, Dave

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Greg CampbellDate: 2005-11-10 14:33:57