Re: request for documentation correction on pgAgent-Installation

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Harald Armin Massa" <haraldarminmassa(at)gmail(dot)com>, <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: request for documentation correction on pgAgent-Installation
Date: 2005-11-02 11:39:19
Lists: pgadmin-support

________________________________

From: pgadmin-support-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
[mailto:pgadmin-support-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org] On Behalf Of Harald Armin
Massa
Sent: 02 November 2005 10:54
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [pgadmin-support] request for documentation correction
on pgAgent-Installation

Hello,

I tried to install pgAgent on Windows XP Prof. SP2.

Documentation and help suggest:

-u <user>
-p <password>
-d <displayname>
-t <poll time interval in seconds (default 10)>

-r <retry period after connection abort in seconds (>=10,
default 30)>
-l <logging verbosity (ERROR=0, WARNING=1, DEBUG=2, default
0)>
using

-u<space>username

or
-p<space>password

leads to
ERROR: Invalid command line argument

only without a space I can move on to "illegal account name"

Maybe it could be fixed in documentation or in command line
parser (so that both accept a space between -u; or that documentation
does not show a space between -u and username)

Hi Harald,

I cannot reproduce this on XP SP2 here. It installs and starts correctly
either with, or without a space between the option letter and the value,
on both the username and the password. Are you sure you didn't mistype
something?

Regards, Dave.