Re: PostgreSQL / ODBC / Ms-SQL 2000

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Thomas Knoop" <Th(dot)Knoop(at)Talisma(dot)nl>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL / ODBC / Ms-SQL 2000
Date: 2005-09-28 08:38:50
Lists: pgsql-odbc

According the SQL docs, the correct syntax is something like:

SELECT * FROM MYLINKEDSERVER..[public].mytable;

However I can't get this to work. This does seem fairly common though,
with other users complaining of the same issues with Oracle. The
commonly suggested solution is to use:

SELECT * FROM OPENQUERY(MYLINKEDSERVER, 'SELECT * FROM public.mytable')

Which works perfectly afaict, apart from a minor issue with columns of
type 'name', for which I've just committed a fix to CVS.

Regards, Dave