Re: Slony scripts

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: "pgAdmin Hackers" <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Slony scripts
Date: 2005-09-20 09:47:16
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Andreas Pflug [mailto:pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de]
> Sent: 19 September 2005 15:39
> To: Dave Page
> Cc: pgAdmin Hackers
> Subject: Re: Slony scripts
>
> See slony path in options.

OK - needs a helpfile update ethough :-p

> We don't maintain different versions, but assume that we're
> always using
> the latest. When joining a cluster or upgrading a cluster (not the
> first), all ddl info is extracted from existing clusters, so
> no scripts
> are needed.
> dlgRepClusterUpgrade implementation still to be coded; dlgRepCluster
> schema reengineering code needs to be extracted to a
> standalone class.
> It's also needed for initial schema creation as duplicate from an
> existing source db, e.g. for new replication slaves. Should
> be a context
> menu option opening the Query Tool with the ddl script for review.

OK, well I won't bother shipping any Slony scripts at all with pgAdmin
then, and I'll only add them top pgInstaller when Slony for Windows
ships - that way it's up to the admin to ensure he has the correct
scripts for the installed version, except in the case when they all come
from the same place.

Cheers, Dave.