Re: ODBC Driver on Windows 64 bit

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Craig" <postgresql(at)bryden(dot)co(dot)za>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ODBC Driver on Windows 64 bit
Date: 2005-09-15 13:19:27
Lists: pgsql-odbc

________________________________

	From: Craig [mailto:postgresql(at)bryden(dot)co(dot)za]
	Sent: 15 September 2005 14:16
	To: Dave Page
	Subject: Re: [ODBC] ODBC Driver on Windows 64 bit

	Hi Dave

	Thanks for all the effort. I am trying to decide if I should
change my operating system to Windows XP 32bit based of this (and other
driver issues). Do you have any idea if creating a 64 bit build is on
the cards in the near future?

 It's very unlikely (in the near future that is). The current toolset we
use is still well and truly 32 bit on Windows, and even once we've
worked around that (by perhaps moving to the Microsoft Compiler), we'd
still need to port at least libpq from PostgreSQL, as well as find 64
bit versions of the SSL and GNU Gettext libraries - neither of which
I've ever seen.

Regards, Dave.

pgsql-odbc by date

Previous:From: Andre THEVENINDate: 2005-09-15 09:53:56
Subject: ODBC : problem with bookmark /precision