I've uploaded an initial test build of pgInstaller based on a post-beta
1 CVS snapshot of PostgreSQL. Major changes since 8.1 include:
- Don't install any DLLs into %SYSTEM32%. This means that individual
components can no longer be relocated, but also that there should be no
DLL conflicts with other products or PostgreSQL 8.0.
- Install all development headers.
- Update all bundled drivers and software to latest snapshots, and
update installer as appropriate.
- Don't install Npgsql into the GAC now there is/was/will be .NET 1.1
and 2.0 versions.
- Add a Command Prompt shortcut to open a cmd.exe window in the bin dir.
- Add a Russian translation from Andrey Repko
- Don't ship HTML versions of the PostgreSQL docs - add a shortcut to
directly open the copy of the PostgreSQL docs in the pgAdmin helpfile
- The Russian version of 'Russian' displays as ?????? On the language
- PostGIS requires pl/pgsql, but this is not currently checked or
- Service user account creation should be deferred until install time to
prevent problems if the user hits the Back button partway through the
Download from ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/binary/v8.1beta/win32/.
Feedback is welcome of course.
pgsql-hackers-win32 by date
|Next:||From: Merlin Moncure||Date: 2005-09-08 19:33:27|
|Subject: Re: [PATCHES] Implement support for TCP_KEEPCNT, TCP_KEEPIDLE, TCP_KEEPINTVL (was Re: [HACKERS] Feature freeze date for 8.1)|
|Previous:||From: Merlin Moncure||Date: 2005-09-07 19:01:14|
|Subject: Re: [PERFORM] insert performance for win32 |