Re: figuring out why I am having this issue

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Joel Fradkin" <jfradkin(at)wazagua(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: figuring out why I am having this issue
Date: 2005-09-01 15:07:24
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Yeah, I know - I think you miss my point though. If for some reason the
DB doesn't tell us the size of the column (because it's a text field for
example), we default to max_lvc. If the data is longer than that though,
ADO might overflow an allocated buffer. I would hope Microsoft wrote it
better than than, but it's the best I've got right now!!

> What is weird is one SQL from this record where works and
> another does not.

Which kinda throws the size issue out the window. You sure this is
caused by ODBC? Can't ASP be more verbose than E_FAILED?

/D