Re: figuring out why I am having this issue

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Joel Fradkin" <jfradkin(at)wazagua(dot)com>,<pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: figuring out why I am having this issue
Date: 2005-09-01 12:55:06
Lists: pgsql-odbc

See, told you it was late where I was :-)

It eventually gets into
ConnectionClass->ConnInfo->drivers.text_as_longvarchar. The actual value
names used in ini files, the registry or conn strings is
MaxLongVarcharSize, or B1 for short in conn strings.

> I also tried setting TextAsLongVarchar=0
> Which worked on my development box running XP pro, but did not work in
> production running win2k.
>
> I will look more tomorrow, but I could not even see what the
> variable was
> being set to, to look at the other modules.
> In my log file I could only see references to it :
> MaxLongVarcharSize=16280;

From what I can see, it's really only used for two things - 1) as the
default size for fields for which the DB doesn't report a length (see
around line 3337 in connection.c - might be a little out as I've been
playing), 2) as the size returned as the standard for certain data types
(see pgtypes.c).

I really need to see a more detailed mylog to try to figure this out -
unless you can see from it what function the E_FAIL occurs in? (it's
usually the first part of the mylog line, after the number in brackets,
and before the :

Regards, Dave

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Alexandra - Gestão XXI Sistemas e SoluçõesDate: 2005-09-01 13:43:15