Re: Installing postgres on win XP

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Installing postgres on win XP
Date: 2005-08-11 14:24:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

Yea, that's the expected behaviour (and is the same as Winzip). Unpack,
then run is the only safe way. Unfortunately, we cannot combine the two
files together without losing the multi-language support. It took a lot
of hoop jumping to get it to the point it is now, and it still won't
work in Japanese :-( (hence why we distribute a different copy for
Japanese users).

Regards, Dave