Re: Usind database with encoding UNICODE and vovel

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Josef Springer" <Josef(dot)Springer(at)JOOPS(dot)COM>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Usind database with encoding UNICODE and vovel
Date: 2005-08-04 08:07:20
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hi Josef,

Test env:

Server and client running on XP Pro, UK English locale
PostgreSQL 8.0.3
psqlODBC-libpq 08.01.0003 (yesterdays release, default settings except server/database/username etc)
Clients:    Microsoft Access 2003
               Microsoft ODBC Test (UNICODE)
               Microsoft ODBC Test (ANSI)
               pgAdmin III (SVN Trunk)
               Microsoft Excel 2003/MS Query (Only SELECTs tested)

Testing with databases created using LATIN1 and UNICODE, INSERT and SELECTs work exactly as expected using your test string, on all databases, with all clients. In all cases, the string inserted was exactly the string that was then retrieved in a subsequent select. Test strings inserted by each client were also selected back correctly by all other clients.

In short, it works perfectly for me.

I'm not sure what to suggest, other than perhaps to try the ODBC Test programs yourself (available in the Microsoft Data Access SDK). If they work, then perhaps there is a bug in your application?

Regards, Dave.