I've uploaded a new snapshot of the libpq based version of psqlODBC to ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/odbc/versions/snapshots/. It will propagate onto the mirrors and the file listing on the website within the next day or so.
Important changes in this release include:
- SSL support
- Fixed a nasty SQLGetData/SQL_C_WCHAR bug that basically completely broke piecemeal retrieval of Unicode strings. This is believed to be /the/ bug that stopped many users using versions newer than 07.03.0200.
- Fixed a bug new to the libpq version of the driver that prevented ODBCbench running properly in multithread transactional mode, and completely broke Use Declare/Fetch mode.
Please take some time to test this driver and report any bugs to pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org(dot)
- Added SSL support
- Fix some errors found by static source analysis (using Klocwork). [Tomas Skäre]
- In SC_pos_reload_needed:2189 rows_per_fetch is uninitialised, if create_from_scratch is false, per Tomas Skäre
- In SQLGetDescFieldW:128 blen is not initialised before sent to utf8_to_ucs2(). The same thing exists in SQLColAttributeW:287 and SQLGetDiagFieldW:345, per Tomas Skäre
- Get proper error messages from the server, rather than just saying the database doesn't exist.
- Japanese GUI update from Hiroshi Saito
- Include win_unicode.c in Unix build because it contains functions that are used under unix.
- Fix SQL_MAX_IDENTIFIER_LEN per gborg bug ref: 1348
- Fix memory leak per gborg bug 1356 [pauldaugherty]
- Fix unicode copy & convert bug. SQLGetData with SQL_C_WCHAR now returns SQL_SUCCESS once the whole string is sent, and doesn't lose odd characters like it did.
- Fix bug that stopped Use Declare/Fetch working, and prevented ODBC bench running in multi-thread, multi-transaction mode.
- Add comment about a known leak bug that needs fixing
- Handle SQL_DATE from ODBC2 apps, per bug report 1292 [ alic <NOSPAM> sokrates.hr]
- Fix per bug ref 1187 [Scot Loach]
pgsql-odbc by date
|Next:||From: Laura Vance||Date: 2005-08-03 15:57:28|
|Subject: iODBC vs unixODBC (which to use)|
|Previous:||From: Josef Springer||Date: 2005-08-03 10:16:10|
|Subject: Re: Usind database with encoding UNICODE and vovel|