Re: --enable-thread-safety on Win32

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "PostgreSQL-development" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: --enable-thread-safety on Win32
Date: 2005-07-28 13:36:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I did manage to get it to compile (though not work fully just yet),
however I had to use the full pthreads library rather than our minimal
implementation. That's why I question whether we should go this way - an
extra dependency (pthreads is not normally on a Windows box, even with
Msys) to test an OS that we know 100% for sure is not going to vary in
it's thread-safetyness(!) from system to system.

Regards, Dave