Re: Libpq driver: thread problem

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Anoop Kumar" <anoopk(at)pervasive-postgres(dot)com>, "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Libpq driver: thread problem
Date: 2005-07-14 16:13:36
Lists: pgsql-odbc

In which case it definitely needs fixing. Which may be a non-trivial
task as pthreads on Windows is not currently used by PostgreSQL, and
didn't want to play last time I looked at it :-( However...

I did look at this very briefly before speaking to Magnus. The first
problem I ran into was that configure was insisting that posix signals
were needed to enable thread safety. Before I spend lots of time looking
at the code do you know if it is safe for me to assume our signal
emaulation will do that job in all the right places? If so, I guess it's
just a case of fixing the pthread detection and linker flags.

Regards, Dave