Re: Search engine is not working

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Search engine is not working
Date: 2004-06-16 07:42:53
Lists: pgsql-www

Currently both search engines are running on John's server, and I've
added a 'search powered by' link to www.postgresql.org/s.cgi in the same
place as it says 'project hosted by' on the rest of the site. I'm of a
mind to leave it like that for now - John has offered to provide this
service, and frankly he knows more about search engines than I suspect
most of the rest of us do. On the plus side for hub.org, this does
offload a service that you regularly complain to me about Marc :-)

On the hardware side of things, I have access to lots of hardware - my
biggest problem being internet bandwidth (though I do have another dsl
line going in shortly). If you can think of anything else that can be
offloaded to a linux based VM system....

Regards Dave.