Re: Just to give an idea ...

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Just to give an idea ...
Date: 2004-06-06 09:56:53
Lists: pgsql-www

OK, that's a possibility. Often my Squid proxy reported failed pages as
'zero sized replies' which look like timeouts as it waits for data. I
guess these could easily have been crashes.

> > Don't kill the indexer processes unless absolutely necessary - that
> > can screw the database up. Use
> '/usr/local/aspseek/bin/indexer -E' to
> > safely terminate the running indexers. It can take a little
> while to
> > shut them down...
>
> k, just added a 'shutdown-aspseek' alias to the VM, so that
> its documented
> *somewhere* ;)

Fyi: the rest of the docs are at http://www.aspseek.org/.

/D

pgsql-www by date

Next:From: Josh BerkusDate: 2004-06-06 21:02:39