Re: Just to give an idea ...

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Just to give an idea ...
Date: 2004-06-05 21:14:56
Lists: pgsql-www

Ignoring mars and considering jupiter which is suffering from similar
problems (which you told me is not the database as I had suspected),
what do you think is actually causing this excess load? None of the
backend web code should be sufficiently complex to see the sort of loads
we seem to be seeing, even under the load the site gets. I've
apache-benched far more complex stuff on far less hardware and not
suffered like this. Geez, the vast majority of our PHP code simply does
include()'s and echo()'s, and even that only normally gets executed once
per hour - the users read static html for the most part!

I can only imagine that somewhere in the code there is a serious error
that is causing this... Or jupiter is actually a Sinclair ZX Spectrum
:-)

/D