Re: search.postgresql.org

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Guillaume Smet" <guillaume-pg(at)smet(dot)org>
Cc: <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>, <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: search.postgresql.org
Date: 2006-03-26 17:29:21
Lists: pgsql-www

-----Original Message-----
From: Guillaume Smet [mailto:guillaume-pg(at)smet(dot)org]
Sent: Sun 3/26/2006 10:17 AM
To: Dave Page
Cc: oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su; jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com; tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us; pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [pgsql-www] search.postgresql.org

> But when you click on the search button again on the results page, the
> ul parameter is not here anymore and you have pretty bad results:

Hm, no, it does seem to vanish. John, is that one of those template formatting buglets?

> http://search.postgresql.org/www.search?cs=utf-8&fm=on&gr=on&o=0&ps=20&s=rate&q=ALTER+TABLE
> We have only 15 results and the documentation is not there.

What you see there is the site grouping coming into effect. The docs are all on www.postgresql.org, which due to the weightings does get listed first, however, it seems that Bruce's book are the 2 options it shows from there (probably they mention the complete phrase most often or similar). You then see a couple of results from each of the other sites with hits. Under each should be a 'Show more from this site' link. Click that on the www results, and you will see the documentation hits form other parts of that site.

Regards, Dave.