Re: request for cleaning before things move too fast...

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Raphaël Enrici <blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr>, "PgAdmin Hackers" <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: request for cleaning before things move too fast...
Date: 2005-04-26 21:46:16
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

:-(

> As far as I see, things are moving a lot (MacOSX port, cvs updates and
> whatever I missed during these last months...).

:-)

> Here are two requests for cleaning (not really important ones):
> 1) BUGS.txt although named .txt is an HTML file (yes, html is text
> but...) and Peter Eisentraut suggested (AFAIR it was when I
> released my
> latest pgadmin3 1.2.0 package for Debian) that I try to get this
> corrected until the next release. So, could we rename this file to
> BUGS.html or convert it to full text ?

Hmm, it's not really proper HTML either. It's done that way so it's easy to include in pages on the website. I'll look into the best way to resolve that - hopefully tomorrow as I'm building a server and will have time during copies/RAID builds etc.

> 2) would it be possible to exclude pkg/debian directory from being
> included in next stable release ? The files in it are totally out of
> sync and I generally never get time to sync them before release.

Argh! I just finished incorporating them into the revamped build system. Seriously though, I'd rather leave them there in case the worst happens and you get hit by a bus or something. Can you send up to date copies and we'll just sync them up periodically from now on?

> That's all for the moment and sorry to be back with such
> small things...
> I promise I will be back with more interesting things next time ;)

Looking forward to it :-)

Regards,Dave.