Re: No way to have error message on pgadmin III pg 8.0

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Laurent Birckel" <laurent(dot)birckel(at)uni-medecine(dot)fr>,<pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: No way to have error message on pgadmin III pg 8.0
Date: 2005-03-22 15:14:13
Lists: pgadmin-support

________________________________

	From: Laurent Birckel [mailto:laurent(dot)birckel(at)uni-medecine(dot)fr]
	Sent: 22 March 2005 14:01
	To: Dave Page; pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
	Subject: RE: [pgadmin-support] No way to have error message on
pgadmin III pg 8.0

	I am very happy for you, but i rest Sad for me ! I beleive you,
but my problem is not solved.

	I have absolutely NOTHING on my "messages" zone.

	when i get some messages (not on this case, the offending line
is NEVER the good one.

	If you have it and not me, I think there is something wrong on
my config, but I can't find it.

	is it possible due to the encoding (I use LATIN9) ? we tried
firts UNICODE, and changed to Latin9 (no change about the error
messages)

 I get the same error message using LATIN9.

OK, can you try creating the function using psql? You should see
something like:

template1=# CREATE DATABASE foo ENCODING 'latin9';
CREATE DATABASE
template1=# \connect foo
You are now connected to database "foo".
foo=# CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION fct_addPJ(
foo(#
foo(# _idDOC int4,
foo(# _titrePJ varchar(250),
foo(# _clientFile varchar(255),
foo(# _sizePJ int4,
foo(# _localName varchar(255),
foo(# _localPath varchar(255),
foo(# _fileType varchar(100),
foo(# _fileSubType varchar(100),
foo(# _isDocMetaData int4
foo(#
foo(#
foo(# )
foo-#   RETURNS int4 AS
foo-#
foo-# $$
foo$# DECLARE
foo$#   _idPJ int4;
foo$#
foo$# BEGIN
foo$#
foo$#   _idPJ:=fct_getID('PJ');
foo$#   if _idPJ <> 0 then
foo$#
foo$#
foo$#   insert into PJ
foo$#   (
foo$#           idPJ,
foo$#           idDOC,
foo$#           titrePJ,
foo$#           clientFile,
foo$#           sizePJ,
foo$#           localName,
foo$#           localPath ,
foo$#           fileType ,
foo$#           fileSubType ,
foo$#           isDocMetaData
foo$#   )
foo$#   values
foo$#   (
foo$#           _idPJ,
foo$#           _idDOC,
foo$#           _titrePJ,
foo$#           _clientFile,
foo$#           _sizePJ,
foo$#           _localName,
foo$#           _localPath ,
foo$#           _fileType ,
foo$#           _fileSubType ,
foo$#           _isDocMetaData
foo$#   );
foo$#   end if
foo$#   RETURN _idPJ;
foo$# END;
foo$# $$
foo-#
foo-# LANGUAGE plpgsql VOLATILE;
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "_idPJ" at character 652
LINE 50:  RETURN _idPJ;
                 ^
foo=#

Regards, Dave

pgadmin-support by date

Next:From: Laurent BirckelDate: 2005-03-22 16:32:30
Previous:From: Alan CoreyDate: 2005-03-22 14:54:31
Subject: Minor annoyance with Windows Help in pgAdmin III