Re: pgAgent stuff

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgAgent stuff
Date: 2005-03-03 08:15:17
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Ack, good catch - thnaks.

> Some days ago I noticed you remove pgAgent.cpp, which showed
> an instance
> of pgAgent if the schema is present. Why did you remove it?
> How should a
> job be added?

I removed it because it was easier to use a pgCollection than to make
pgAgent work properly and consistently with the rest of the browser.
Consequently, the code should be easier to grok and maintain as it now
works the same way as other object collections.

The schema detection is still there - it's just moved into
pgDatabase.cpp, which only adds the Jobs node to the tree if
pgagent.pga_jobs exists (that had a typo in it last night btw - 'tis
fixed now).

A job is added in precisely the same way as any other object is added,
and steps/schedules are added either as part of the initial job
definition, or as separate objects under the Schedules/Steps nodes.

Regards, Dave.