Re: Compiling using Visual Studio 2003

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Paul Cochrane" <paul(dot)m(dot)cochrane(at)tuht(dot)scot(dot)nhs(dot)uk>,<pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Compiling using Visual Studio 2003
Date: 2005-02-10 14:54:45
Lists: pgsql-odbc

It sets up the DOS environment for VC and is part of Visual Studio. On
my system I have it in:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\bin (VS.NET 2K3)

And

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Bin (VS6)

Note that if you can it's better to use VC++6 as the required runtimes
are generally already on most machines.

> I can fix it in code but this would break the compatibility of using
> either the paradox tables or postgres tables. I would have to
> have two
> different versions of each form etc & record many lines of
> code to say
> "If in postgres add a public. to every table name" which is a
> huge pest
> & I don't want to have two version of each form to try & keep in sync
> with each other.

You can't abstract it into a macro or function - i.e. in your forms have
something like

EXECUTE("SELECT * FROM " + FixName("MyTable"));

(bearing in mind I know nothing about Paradox)?

> If I get it working, I may update the ODBC driver form to
> have a couple
> of tick boxes to make this an option in the driver and send you the
> changes made.

OK, thanks. 1 tick box will probably do though :-)

Regards, Dave.

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Paul CochraneDate: 2005-02-10 15:22:37
Previous:From: Paul CochraneDate: 2005-02-10 14:31:31