Re: pg_autovacuum does not start on system startup - 8.0 Release -

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Harald Massa" <ghum(at)gmx(dot)net>, <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_autovacuum does not start on system startup - 8.0 Release -
Date: 2005-01-24 10:29:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

Hmm, I'll have to think about the best way to do that.

Just for info, most of the service code was written as an exercise for
me personally - it was expected that the pg_autovaccum would be
integrated in the backend which of course ended up not happening, but
consequently the code I had written didn't get anything like as much
testing as it should have done. For which I apologise.

> (acutal workaround will be: .cmd in autostart with "sleep 20
> seconds, net
> start pg_autocacuum")

OK, at least you have a workaround for now.

Regards, Dave.