From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: - current status
Date: 2005-01-19 12:21:17
Lists: pgsql-www
Morning Marc,

OK, here's what's going on on the website:

1) Came in this morning to svr4 running slow to the point of timing out
on web requests.
2) Disabled rsyncd which was using about 40% CPU on 4 connections.
3) Limited FTP connections to 10, and updated the message pointing to
the mirrors page.
4) Barred a bandwidth hog who was mirroring the ftp site using about 20
connections at once.

None of these made much difference, so I setup a primary server on, and Magnus did one on We
can't update DNS so I added an Apache redirect to borg from svr4. That
improved matters slightly, but borg was soon running like a dog. Setting
the access_log to /dev/null made an incredible difference. The same
change has also been made to www now, not that that makes much
difference now.

**** So, as soon as you get up, please update the DNS so that is a round robin between and ****

Thanks, Dave.

PS, is your pager borked?

pgsql-www by date

Next:From: Dave PageDate: 2005-01-19 12:30:32