Re: Web mirrors

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Oleg Bartunov" <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>,"Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Web mirrors
Date: 2004-12-23 22:22:21
Lists: pgsql-www

I *think* you need something like:

<Directory /path/to/docroot>
    AllowOverride All

And mod_rewrite needs to be enabled. If someone can confirm that is the
case ASAP, I will email all the mirror owners tomorrow and ask them to
make sure that is in their config so at least as many as possible work
for the time being.

> stuck with links to, Why there are many links
> from to wwwmaster ? For example,
> on download page ftp mirror selecttion linked to

Because the ip2country stuff is on wwwmaster, as is the clickthru
tracker that records the usage of the mirrors and other urls that may be
clicked. That's how I can tell how many people have selected a web
mirror. Without running php code on each mirror, and granting them
access to the database, that code must be centralised. As I have sai in
the past when it was discussed, at the first sign of any performance
problems etc. I will revert it to a static system, without ip2country,
stats logging.

> Also, I couldn't figure out where I could download Windows binary.

One of the ftp mirrors, just like any other binary release. So far as I
can tell from past discussions most people think that the Windows
binaries should not be treated any differently from any others. It is a
close thing though, and at the moment there is a symlink to the
directory from the top of the ftp tree.

Regards, Dave.

pgsql-www by date

Next:From: Josh BerkusDate: 2004-12-23 22:23:13