Re: scalability issues on win32

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>,<pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>,"PostgreSQL Win32 port list" <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: scalability issues on win32
Date: 2004-11-23 20:12:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32pgsql-performance

I'd rather avoid an OS advocacy war here, but if I'm honest, with group
policy and other tools such as SUS, I find that my Windows servers are
actually easier to administer than the Linux ones (I have about a 50-50
mix at work). Perhaps that's because I favour Slackware though?

As for the 2-4 servers quote, I find that a little on the high side. I
agree that generally you might expect a little more performance from an
equivalent Linux system on the same hardware, but in my practical
experience the difference is far less than you suggest.

Regards, Dave.

pgsql-performance by date

Next:From: Sean ChittendenDate: 2004-11-23 22:20:34