Re: Counting clicks, Download page?

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Alexey Borzov" <borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su>
Cc: <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Counting clicks, Download page?
Date: 2004-11-23 09:48:55
Lists: pgsql-www

Don't worry about that - it's in hand.

>  In any other case
> you'll *not* be able to use ip2country.

As I vaguely seem to recall stating at the time it was implemented. It's
only a minor convenience thing (seeing as most ppl know their own
country), and puts both load on the server, and creates a single point
of failure.

> But current implementation of mirror selection will not give
> any useful
> stats: it will only show how many people went to an FTP
> mirror, not whether they actually downloaded something.

Agreed.

Regards, Dave.

pgsql-www by date

Next:From: Dave PageDate: 2004-11-23 09:51:03
Subject: Re: New News Entry