Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Alternate PostgreSQL.org Design

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Gavin M(dot) Roy" <gmr(at)ehpg(dot)net>,"Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Alexey Borzov" <borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su>,"Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>,"Omar Kilani" <omar(at)tinysofa(dot)org>, <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Alternate PostgreSQL.org Design
Date: 2004-11-12 23:02:32
Lists: pgsql-advocacypgsql-www

Have you checked the todo list? Those are the things we need to do in
the short term if you can contribute.

I realise I'm probably one of the people you accuse of being rude and
shooting down ideas (and if I have been rude to anyone, please excuse me
- it was most certainly unintentional), but please see it from my point
of view. Periodically we get a barrage of message criticising the work
we put in from people who haven't taken the time to review the archives
of the list, or look at the cvs/todo/commit messages etc. It's extremely
disheartening to those of us that do give *many* hours of our time each
week, especially when 95% of those people complaining won't actually
help out.

As one of the oldest -www members, I have tried to lead as much as I
can, and each time I try to focus people on getting the job done, I get
flamed for not listening to different ideas about tasks we have already
discussed or even done. So, here's the current plan again:

1) Finish the new website, specifically the items on the todo list.
2) Make the new website live.
3a) Merge in the advocacy and developer websites.
3b) Review/update/sanitise all content.

In addition to which, I've have suggested to a number of volunteers that
a good standalone project would be a good replacement CMS for techdocs.

Regards, Dave

pgsql-www by date

Next:From: Dave PageDate: 2004-11-12 23:03:54

pgsql-advocacy by date