Re: FTP server cleanup suggestions

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: FTP server cleanup suggestions
Date: 2004-10-19 09:22:07
Lists: pgsql-www

Yup.

> The files in NT_Support_Files/ are no longer relevant for the
> Cygwin port and should be removed.

Yup.

> The old/ directory just contains garbage and should be removed.

Yup.

> README.v7.4.3 should be removed, since 7.4.5 is the latest
> version.  Same with the 7.4.3 symlink.

Yup.

> What does the sup/ directory contain?

Dunno, but it's very old and sup.postgresql.org mentioned in the readme
doesn't exist in DNS any more.

> The win32/ directory should be moved to the binary/ directory.

Currently there is no appropriate directory under binary as there are
only released versions there. I added that symlink in anticipation of
lots of 'where's the pginstaller?' questions - I agree it should
eventually be in binaries, but put it there for now to avoid any
unnecessary faqs from ppl too lazy to think about it.

> The substructure of the binary/ directory seems to change
> with every minor release.  We should think of a reasonable
> structure and stick with that.

Hmm, not pretty is is? What about something like

8.0.0/
  SRPMS/
  fc1/
  fc2/
  redhat9/
  slackware9/
  slackware10/
  suse9/
  win32/
  win64/

With each directory created as required of course.

The patches directory seems a little redundant to me as well.

README.mirrors is incredibly out of date.

Regards, Dave.

pgsql-www by date

Subject: FTP server cleanup suggestions