Re: Function editor

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>, "Tony Caduto" <tony(dot)caduto(at)amsoftwaredesign(dot)com>
Cc: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Function editor
Date: 2004-10-11 14:37:40
Lists: pgadmin-support

Yeah, definitely with you on that one.

Back in the old pga2 days, we used to use a control developed by the
quietest member of the devteam (Mark) for all the multiline edit boxes.
It had a handy feature in that it had it's own maximise button which
would maximise it to fill it's parent frame. This was actually quite
elegant and worked rather well. Before pgAdmin 3 was started, we had
toyed with the idea of making the textbox detachable (this is roughly
the point at which Andreas' head will probably explode :-) ) into a
mini-editor.

Now, if we added such a control to pga3, we could immediately make all
the dialogues back into 'real' dialogues. All we would need to do is
figure out how the detachable editor should behave (modally speaking for
example) with respect to it's parent dialogue and the rest of the app
for it to be able to work in a fashion that's acceptable and liked by
all.

Thoughts (preferrable constructive)?

Regards, Dave.