Re: CVS Commit by andreas: disable function owner for pgsql < 8.0 [Tony

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: CVS Commit by andreas: disable function owner for pgsql < 8.0 [Tony
Date: 2004-10-08 13:24:45
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

You are missing the point. If I am ordered by a court of law to do so,
then I have no choice.

The fact is, we credit authors of patches of any size, and reporters of
notable bugs anyway. All I am asking is that we do so consistently.

> I'm having a real hard time to call this a code contribution.

If someone takes the time to understand the code, fix a bug and
recompile and test, then yes, it's a contribution no matter how trivial
the patch. That is distinctly different from someone simply reporting a
bug.

Anyway, I've got better things to do than argue about this. Please note
contributors of any patches applied in the format [Author Name] in CVS
and the  changelog, and note reporters where appropriate in a form such
as 'per report from Reporter Name'.

Regards, Dave

pgadmin-hackers by date