Re: Still can't find ODBC driver in Data Source Administrator

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Gene Farrelly" <Gene(dot)Farrelly(at)flashpoint(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Still can't find ODBC driver in Data Source Administrator
Date: 2004-10-06 12:04:59
Lists: pgsql-odbc

________________________________

From: Gene Farrelly [mailto:Gene(dot)Farrelly(at)flashpoint(dot)com]
Sent: 06 October 2004 12:37
To: Dave Page
Subject: RE: [ODBC] Still can't find ODBC driver in Data Source
Administrator

Dave -

Thanks for the note. I checked my registry, and everything
matches the information on the link you sent me, except that I have full
path names to the drivers and not just the file names themselves, i.e.

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\ODBC Drivers]
"PostgreSQL"="Installed"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\PostgreSQL]
"APILevel"="1"
"ConnectFunctions"="YYN"
"Driver"="C:\WINDOWS\System32\PSQLODBC.DLL"
"DriverODBCVer"="03.00"
"FileUsage"="0"
"Setup"="C:\WINDOWS\System32\PSQLODBC.DLL"
"SQLLevel"="1"
"UsageCount"=dword:00000001

And I've confirmed the existence of the psqlodbc.dll file in my
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 directory.

Let me know if I should try something else. I've tried
reinstalling the driver, rebooting before and after, and nothing seems
to resolve the issue.

I assume you are looking on the drivers tab in the driver manager and
not one of the datasource tabs?

Regards, Dave