Re: change to error result in SQLStatistics

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Scot Loach" <sloach(at)sandvine(dot)com>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: change to error result in SQLStatistics
Date: 2004-10-05 08:40:20
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi Scot,

My best guess is that it is an attempt to prevent errors occuring on
zero column tables, such as one that inherits other tables. It cannot
currently tell whether a table exists or not however, because it uses
SQLColumns which can return SQL_SUCCESS when used with a search pattern
that doesn't match any tables (I'm not entirely convinced that is
correct, but as noone has ever complained, I don't think it should be
changed). I guess the simple answer is to add a check for the table at
the beginning of the function and return an error there if required.

Any other thoughts?

Regards, Dave

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: anthony.cadutoDate: 2004-10-05 14:06:32