Re: Access and PG ODBC problem

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <anthony(dot)caduto(at)micorp(dot)com>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Access and PG ODBC problem
Date: 2004-10-05 07:45:12
Lists: pgsql-odbc

	From: pgsql-odbc-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
[mailto:pgsql-odbc-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org] On Behalf Of
	Sent: 04 October 2004 22:39
	To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
	Subject: [ODBC] Access and PG ODBC problem

	I am trying to convert some access databases to use PG linked
tables and all was going good until I tried to do some stuff in VBA
	Dim conn As New ADODB.Connection
	Set conn = New ADODB.Connection
	Dim rs As New ADODB.Recordset
	Set rs = New ADODB.Recordset
	rs.CursorLocation = adUseServer
	rs.Open "select * from lw_partnershipdata.switchboard_remote",
conn, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic, adCmdText
	It all goes good until the last line and then I get this error:
	Column "OID" does not exist
	None of my tables have OIDs as they are large and I don't want
the overhead of the OIDs.
	Any help/Ideas would be appreciated.

Hi Tony,
I tested this code in VB6 (where I have a nice debugger), and it works
perfectly either with, or without the infamous updateable cursors option
on the version of the driver that I posted yesterday (8.00.0001). Can
you try with that version please?
Regards, Dave.

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Dave PageDate: 2004-10-05 08:40:20